Alpha Venus was made for women and just to prove that, we put a pretty pink stripe on the bottle. Every woman knows that we have it harder than men – we put up with a lot, men for example and other issues like monthly hormonal fluctuations. We can’t help you with the men, but we can help you feel and look better and improve those hormonal fluctuations that drive weight gain in the form of fluid and fat. This may be “normal”, but not exactly ideal is it? Alpha Venus is creating a “new normal” which is why women love Alpha Venus. So why not feel and look the best you can? You deserve it.
“How amazing is ATP Alpha Venus!! So I’ve always suffered migraines like to the point of lying in bed of a morning before medication would kick in an ease it. I started taking Venus about 3 weeks ago to help with my training/weight loss originally not knowing what it would do for my migraines, at the start I thought what did I waste my money on, but just this last week and a half I’ve lost all of my bloat/water retention around my lower body, I’ve been feeling more alive and call it coincidence if you want but touch wood I haven’t had a migraine or headache in over 2 weeks or even needed pain killers to ease one which could suggest they are related to an imbalance of hormones. Thanks Alpha Venus @atpscience” – Ms_t89
Alpha Venus is formulated for women that have an excess of oestrogen in their body and a lack of progesterone.
Estrogen is an essential hormone for health and wellness in both men and women; but you can get too much of a good thing.
Signs and symptoms of excess Estrogen
Estrogen body shape
Estrogen holds subcutaneous fat and fluid in these areas
- breasts and chest
- backs of the arms
- love handles
- lower back
- lower abdomen
- poor muscle mass and quality
- poor muscle definition
- excessive subcutaneous and intramuscular fat
Figure 1. Areas where fat is deposited in men and women.
The following are a list of symptoms of Estrogen dominance
- Increased worry, intuition and gut instincts
- Exaggerated stress response and harder to switch off so can dwell on things
- Good long term memory with poor short term memory
- Running on ‘autopilot’ most of the time
- Can crave sugar and chocolate
- Mood swings are aggravated and follow pattern with menstrual cycle or moon
- Can trigger headaches and migraines
- Poor circulation, sometimes bruising and varicose veins
- Bloated and “fluidy” abdomen, hips and thighs.
- Fluid retention
- Breast lumps and bumps
- Ban increased risk of blood clots, DVTs, bruising and cramps
- Poor blood sugar control – high or low blood sugar, leading to sweet cravings
- Cellulite and obesity
- Emotional, nervous and sleep disturbances
- Conditions such as endometriosis or endomyositis
- Excessive period pain
- PMT with excessive emotional and mood fluctuations
- Heavy periods
- UTIs and Thrush
There are numerous causes of Estrogen dominance. Here are some of the causes of Estrogen dominance
- Inefficient Estrogen detoxification and elimination
- Excessive endogenous Estrogen production due to
Excessive fat mass
Increased aromatase activity converting testosterone to Estrogen
- Other hormonal imbalances i.e. hypothyroidism and hypercortisolaemia
- Family history of Estrogen dominance
- Inherited genetic MTHFR gene polymorphisms
HRT and certain oral contraceptive pills
“XenEstrogens” and EDC’s (endocrine disrupting chemicals)
Iodine deficiency and / or hypothyroidism
Detoxify Estrogen excess
It is important to understand that it is essential for health and wellness to allow the body to make and use endogenous Estrogen (endogenous Estrogen is the term used for Estrogen made by our body) for healthy bodily functions and general maintenance. However, after Estrogen has done its job, it must be cleared efficiently so as to not accumulate. Any xenEstrogens (Estrogen and EDC’s endocrine disrupting chemicals from outside our body i.e. pollutants, plastics etc.) and exogenous Estrogens (Estrogen supplemented from outside our body i.e. HRT, bio-identical hormones) must also be effectively eliminated to prevent accumulation.
The elimination pathways can determine the fate of this Estrogen and whether it can be converted to a beneficial form of Estrogen that protects women from Estrogen dominant disease states; or if it is converted to a more toxic form of Estrogen that accumulates and contributes to the negative health implications of Estrogen dominance.
Detoxification and elimination is a very complex process. Our detoxification and elimination systems of our body is designed for general clean up and maintenance of our body but also is a very important part of our innate survival mechanism and must quickly respond to poisons, venoms and toxins.
Phase 1 and Phase 2 Liver Detoxification – The basics
Phase 1: detoxification involves a group of enzymes known as Cytochrome P450’s (CYP450) that help to convert toxins into a water-soluble form so it is capable of being eliminated. This is an innate process we are born with to help us deal with poisons, venoms and toxic exposure.
Phase 2: detoxification involves conjugation reactions, which basically deactivate the water-soluble toxin so it is no longer biologically active and it cannot be reabsorbed and accumulate in your body and is then eliminated.
If phase 1 detoxification pathways are out of balance than your body can be converting toxins, hormones, medicines, drugs and foods into a more toxic form that is not capable of being deactivated by the phase 2 conjugation reactions. This can lead to accumulation of toxic waste.
Specific manipulation of detoxification pathways to clear Estrogen are via the Phase 1 pathways. In layman’s terms, there are three pathways for Estrogen detoxification. They are termed the ‘Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ Phase 1 pathways for Estrogen detox.
‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ Phase 1 Pathways
The pathway that leads to 2α-hydroxyestrone is good. 2α-hydroxyestrone works as an anti-Estrogen; blocking and protecting you from excessive Estrogen activity from 16α-hydroxyestrone.
The pathway that leads to 16α-hydroxyestrone is bad. 16α-hydroxyestrone has excessive Estrogen activity and is very hard to eliminate from the body.
The pathway that leads to 4α-hydroxyestrone is ugly. It can contribute to the generation of other toxic and cancer causing compounds such as reactive quinones.
The ratio between the 2α-hydroxyestrone: 16α-hydroxyestrone can determine your risk and be used as a marker to assess Estrogen dominance.
Estrogen Detox Strategy
- Avoid exposure and isolate and address your cause (e.g. obesity or hypothyroid function)
- Block the pathways that make the 4α-hydroxy and 16α-hydroxy forms; while up regulating the pathway that makes 2α-hydroxy form
- Stimulate phase 2 conjugation reactions to deactivate and eliminate
Nutrients found in Alpha Venus
Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Sprout
Modifies Phase 1 CYP450 enzymes to increases the good 2α-hydroxyestrone production and reduces the bad 16α-hydroxyestrone
- Increases phase 2 conjugation of Estrogen through glucuronidation, glutathionation, methylation and sulfation
- Quenches reactive quinones formed by the ugly 4α-hydroxyestrone pathway
- Broccoli sprouts contain a multitude of beneficial phytonutrients, activated vitamins and cofactors
- Boosts levels of Nrf2
Nrf2 – Boosts antioxidant status
Nrf2 is a powerful protein that lies dormant within each cell of our body. Nrf2 remains latent and unable to move or operate until it is released by an Nrf2 activator. Once released it migrates into the cell nucleus and bonds to the DNA at the location of the Antioxidant Response Element (ARE) or also called hARE (Human Antioxidant Response Element) which is the master regulator of the total antioxidant system that is available in all human cells.
Nrf2 activating foods such as broccoli sprouts and rosemary can trigger the production of thousands of antioxidant molecules, providing far better protection against free radicals compared to standard antioxidant supplements.
Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) extract
- Works synergistically with sulforaphane to balance phase 1 and stimulate phase 2 detoxification pathways.
Modifies Phase 1 detoxification pathways to switch off the 16α-hydroxyestrone pathway and up-regulate the 2α-hydroxyestrone pathway
- Enhances phase 2 conjugation reactions glutathionation and glucuronidation¹
Rosemary helps with moodiness
Rosemary helps in raising mood, improving memory and cognition and also helps to regulate cortisol secretions and reducing excessive cortisol associated with anxiety, stress and depression.²
Rosemary boosts Parasympathetic Nervous System
Rosemary improves focus, concentration and memory by boosting the parasympathetic nervous system through inhibition of acetylcholine esterase and subsequent pooling of acetylcholine in nerve synapses.³
Rosemary also boosts healthy androgens: Free Testosterone, DHEA and Progesterone
- Works synergistically with sulforaphane to balance phase 1 and stimulate phase 2 detoxification pathways.
- Modifies Phase 1 detoxification pathways to switch off the 16α-hydroxyestrone pathway and up-regulate the 2α-hydroxyestrone pathway
- Enhances phase 2 conjugation reactions glutathionation and glucuronidation.
- Nrf2 activator
Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) extract
- Exerts anti-Estrogenic effects
- Aromatase inhibitor (regulates the conversion of testosterone to Estrogen)
- Beta glucuronidase inhibitor to aid efficient elimination of estrogen
- Inhibits the binding of oestradiol to Estrogen receptors
- Source of iodine
Vitex Agnus Castus
Alpha Venus FAQs
Cruciferous Veggies and Thyroid?
Excessive consumption of cruciferous vegetables including broccoli has been associated altered thyroid function and goitre in iodine deficient people. Combining cruciferous vegetables with adequate iodine is the safest way for susceptible people to access the beneficial effects of cruciferous vegetables without the thyroid interaction. Alpha Venus contains a good dose of iodine in the natural form of kelp.
How long do I take Alpha Venus For?
You can take Alpha Venus long term. However, with all supplements it is a good idea to take regular breaks from supplements. 12 weeks on and 2 weeks off is a common supplement cycle.
Can men use Alpha Venus?
Yes. Men and women have the same hormones but in different ratios. Estrogen dominance is just as common in men. Furthermore, the inhibition of prolactin and the estrogen detoxification support are often needed in men to change estrogen dominant fat tissue on the hips and chest.
Why can’t I get this stuff out of my food?
Of course, you can get all of these nutrients out of your foods. The ingredients are concentrated foods. Broccoli sprouts, Rosemary and Kelp can all be included into your diet at therapeutic levels. The key is to prepare correctly and consume consistently. Broccoli must be fresh and organic and steamed at 50 degrees Celsius and chewed very well to activate the active ingredients. Rosemary must be consumed at a dose of at least 5 teaspoons of fresh herb daily and kelp every day in foods.
Alpha Venus Summary
There are many Estrogen dominant women. If you feel you have some of the symptoms mentioned here or you have the tell-tale body signs of Estrogen dominance, consider making Alpha Venus part of your daily regime to help your body naturally balance its hormones. Alpha Venus contains the latest scientifically formulated and most potent form of natural medicines to help you achieve your health goals. If you have any doubt about taking such a product, please check with your health care professional to determine if you have Estrogen dominance.